Quick Tips for Health
Healthy Snacks for Kids
Yard Work Safety
A word from one of
Quick Tips for Health
1. In today’s workplace most people spend a lot of time sitting behind a desk. For this reason it is very important to get a good quality chair. Find one that has good back and lumbar support. It is also important that you take breaks and walk around. This eases the stress and strain on your back.
2. Try to maintain proper posture throughout the day. To determine what proper posture is, stand with your back against a wall. Make sure that the back of your head, back, buttocks, and heels all touch the wall. This is proper alignment. Try to keep this same posture while you are walking around during the day.
3. Speaking of walking, you should add walking to your daily routine. Walking in a great exercise and can help keep your back healthy. Not only that, it also has a lot of other health benefits. Check out this site for more information! health.howstuffworks.com
4. Performing some simple stretches can help you feel better. Stretching can also help to prevent injuries by keeping the muscles along your spine in good shape and not stiff. Perform some simple stretches one or two times a day.
5. This one should go without saying, but it is amazing how many people don’t do this. Be sure that whenever you are lifting something, lift with a straight back. This is true even if what you are lifting is not that heavy. Your spine is incredibly strong and can support a massive amount of weight if it is kept straight. When your bend your back, a light weight can easily hurt it.
6. A good mattress is also important. You spend 8 hours a day in bed sleeping. That is one-third of your day. It is important your mattress provides good support for your back.
7. One good way to alleviate minor back pain is to lie on the floor. Lie down with your back on the floor and put your feet and calves on a chair. Your lower legs should be resting comfortably on the seat of the chair. Put a small pillow under your head. This action can relax the strain on the low back muscles.
8. And, of course, we recommend a periodic chiropractic visit to help maintain your spinal health and boost your immune system…
So, here’s to your back health!!!
If you need us, come on in and let us put a “spring” in your step this month!